Halloween is closing in and we’re likely to see a few scary slots pop up that’ll rob you blind. Having seen the latest provider stats we’re not too impressed by Yggdrasil. Nonetheless, you have to give them credit for making fun games
Pumpkin Smash is the latest to roll out of the Yggdrasil factory and visually it follows the high standards set by the company. The game itself is based on the Day of the Dead holiday much like you will recognize from Grim Muerto by Play’N Go.
The slot has 5 reels and 20 paylines thus a more simplistic setup compared to Jungle Books recently released by Yggdrasil. There are 4 high paying pumpkin sugar skulls symbols as well as 4 low paying card suits as well as a wild symbol. To trigger the bonus you need to get between 2 and 5 bonus symbols anywhere on the reels. If this is achieved you will then smash the pumpkins on the screen which will reward you with 2 to 20 prizes each. They include:
- Access to the Free Spins feature where you’ll receive between 7 and 30 free spins (if you got 3 or more bonus symbols).
- A multiplier between 2x and 7x that applies to 1 single symbol – if you get 3 more bonus symbols, that symbol will have the selected multiplier when it appears and is part of a win on a free spin.
- Between 2 and 375 times your stake as a cash prize.
Once in the Free Spins feature, landing 1 to 5 bonus symbols will trigger the Pumpkin Smash Bonus feature – you will then smash between 1 and 5 pumpkins will which yield between 2 and 10 prizes each. These can include the following:
- Between 1 and 16 free spins (if you get 3 or more bonus symbols).
- A multiplier between 2x and 7x on 1 single symbol (not the wild) when it’s part of a winning combination.
- Between 2 and 875 times your total stake as a cash bonus.
This game is pretty much all about landing the bonus symbols in order to smash the pumpkins and reveal the prizes. Pumpkin Smash can pay up to 875 times your stake and for this to happen you need to land all 5 bonus symbols.
Pumpkin Smash is an innovative game which makes it a bit interesting. Just like on their recent release Jungle Books it’s beneficial to get good combination of symbols and features and it’s exciting to see what the pumpkins are going to reveal when you smash them. However, when we tried this game over the course of 500+ spins, which may not be sufficient enough to draw any real conclusions but still, we noticed it was hard to trigger even 2 pumpkins. Most of the time when triggering 2 pumpkins it would result in coin wins which became quite boring after a while. Only one time did we land 3 pumpkins – one premium pumpkin + 2 regular which rewarded us with free spins and multipliers.