Chronos Joker (Play’n GO): Overview
If you're in the market for classic fruit slots with a contemporary feel, Play'n GO will have you covered. Slots like Inferno Joker, and the more recent Big Win 777 slot, are both decent options for those players that are into the fast paced action that these type of games have to offer. What we have in front of us here is a classic 3x3 reel matrix on which wins can be formed across a total of 5 fixed paylines.
Whereas the other two previously mentioned titles were of maximum volatility, this one is a bit more forgiving in its mathematical design. The medium volatility in combination with a superb default 96.54% RTP should offer more value when counting spins, but in turn, of course, the returns will be considerably lower, for most part at least. You can play Chronos Joker across all devices from only 0.05 c/p up to €/£100 which should make it accessible for all players.
Set in the cosmos with star clusters and nebula's in the backdrop, Chronos Joker has a futuristic feel to it. Floating in space and with cryptic formations on the reels, it sort of looks like an alien version of the Voyager Golden Record message on an intergalactic journey. The symbols fit the theme well and are almost made to look like fridge magnets (yes we have vivid imagination). On the lower end of the paytable you'll see an assortment of classic fruit symbols - cherries, lemons, plums, and grapes. More rewarding are the sundials, hourglasses, pocket watches, and digital watches. The latter is the most lucrative, giving you 16 times your stake for a three of a kind combination. The smirking Chronos Joker is the wild - it appears on all reels and substitutes for all symbols on the reels. All symbols can appear fully stacked on the reels.
Chronos Joker (Play’n GO): Features
In terms of features, Chronos Joker has a lot going on for something that initially looks like a simple 3-reel slot. At the core of the game is Re-Spin feature which activates when stacks of 3 matching symbols land on any 2 reels. The re-spin will only ever spin the reel that does not contain a stack of 3 matching symbols. If there is the possibility of 2 different reels to re-spin, then the reel of the lowest value symbol will re-spin. A re-spin will trigger on the remaining reel if no multiplier is active.
There's also a range of win multipliers available which can activate randomly on any spin (2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, or 10x). Now, depending on what multiplier is active during a re-spin, 1 of 6 bonus features can come into play as a result of the re-spins. Here's what you can get:
- The Spins of the Future will trigger if the multiplier is x2. With each subsequent re-spin, the multiplier will increase to a maximum of x10, in the following order: x3, x4, x5, x10. Re-spins will continue until there is a win.
- The Spins of the Present will trigger if the multiplier is x3, x4, or x5. Re-spins will continue until there is a win.
- The Spins of the Past will trigger if the multiplier is x10. With each subsequent re-spin, the multiplier will decrease to a maximum of X2, in the following order: x5, x4, x3, x2. Re-spins will continue until there is a win.
The random win multipliers may also double at the start of a spin or a re-spin. If that happens, there is a chance to trigger the Super Spins features:
- The Super Spins of the Future will trigger if the multiplier is x4. With each subsequent re-spin, the multiplier will increase to a maximum of x20, in the following order: x6, x8, x10, x20. Re-spins will continue until there is a win.
- The Super Spins of the Present will trigger if the multiplier is x6, x8, or x10. Re-Spins will continue until there is a win.
- The Super Spins of the Past will trigger if the multiplier is x20. With each subsequent re-spin, the multiplier will decrease to a maximum of x4, in the following order: x10, x8, x6, x4. Re-spins will continue until there is a win.
Chronos Joker (Play’n GO): Verdict
Although there are some typical fruit slot elements to Chronos Joker, it's anything but conventional as you have seen. If it seems confusing to you in writing, don't worry. It's actually quite straightforward once you get going and you're likely to get the hang of it after only a couple of minutes of gameplay.
The key to winning big is to get to get the Bonus Spins upgraded to Super Spins which can lead to maximum payouts of 1,600 times your stake. Far from the standard 5,000x Play'n GO potential in other words, but quite typical of fruit slots in general. For what it is, Chronos Joker is an ok game that is likely to appeal to those who are into the fruit slot genre. If you're not into 3-reelers, however, this one won't win you over.
Chronos Joker (Play’n GO)
● Reels: 3
● Rows: 3
● Paylines: 5
● RTP: 96.54%
● Max Payout: 1,600x
● Volatility: M (6/10)
● Bets: 0.05 - 100 EUR
● Features: Stacked Symbols, Random Multiplier, Re-Spins, 6 Bonus Features
● Release Date: November 28, 2019
Bigwinboard Rating - 66%