In the jungle you must wait…until the dice read five or eight. Jumanji by NetEnt is here.
Includes 4 randomly triggered features
Innovative Board Game with a chance to trigger multiple free spins games
Jumanji Slot Introduction
NetEnt has been announcing several branded block buster games this year with strong titles such as Narcos, Vikings, and Jumanji. Looking back however, their branded games haven’t been very exciting in terms of potential, and the same thing goes for most new NetEnt games for that matter. Production wise the slots look better than ever, and despite several recent let-downs, there is still great expectations attached to upcoming Netent releases.
Jumanji is a 5-reel, 36 payline slot with geometric reels that are 3, 4, 5, 4, 3 symbols high from left to right. The game is playable on all devices from €0.10 to €100. Jumanji is inspired by the classic movie from 1995 with the same name, featuring Robin Williams and Kirsten Dunst. It centers around a board game with magical powers and with every roll of the dice, strange things happen. The Jumanji online slot includes 4 random features with re-spins, sticky wilds, symbol rearrangements and wild reels, but it all comes down to the Board Game bonus which we will look into further below.
Jumanji Slot Symbols
Symbols on the reels include J, Q, K, A playing cards as well as 4 high-value symbols in the form of pelicans, crocodiles, rhinos, and lions. The lion is the most lucrative of all symbols and rewards a 14x win for 5 across a payline. The wild symbol substitutes for all symbols except the Scatter.
Jumanji Slot Features
Jumanji is a busy slot with 4 randomly triggered features that can appear in the main game:
- Sticky Vines – Re-spins are awarded which increase the win. All symbols that are a part of a win and all Wilds from the initial spin stick to the reels and all other symbols spin again.
- Monsoon Wilds – One or two reels will be completely covered in Wilds. The 5th reel will never be triggered alone.
- Monkey Mayhem – Any potential wins are awarded once the reels have stopped. Then, all symbols are shuffled randomly to create a guaranteed win.
- Wild Stampede – Rhinos will stampede across the screen while the reels spin, adding 4-9 wilds.
Jumanji Slot Board Game & Free Spins
3, 4 or 5 Scatter symbols appearing anywhere on the reels activate the Board Game and awards 6, 7 or 8 dice rolls respectively, and this is where the fun starts.
Players are presented with 4 tokens and are asked to choose one. The tokens have no effect on the outcome so the pick is purely cosmetic. The player moves the token on the board by rolling the two dices. Awards available in the Board Game are 4 different Free Spins features, the Mystery feature, extra rolls of the dice and cash prizes. In detail, the awards are:
- Vines Free Spins – 10 Free Spins are awarded and re-spins will always be activated if a win is present after the initial spin. One Free Spin can have multiple re-spins, which work the same way as the Sticky Vines feature. Further, vines grab hold onto Wilds and keep them held for the duration of the whole feature whether they are part of a win or not.
- Monsoon Free Spins – 7 Free Spins are awarded with the same rules applied as the Monsoon Wilds feature in the main game, with the exception that the same covered reels cannot be chosen for two consecutive spins.
- Monkey Free Spins – 6 Free Spins are awarded with the same shuffle mechanics as in the Monkey Mayhem feature being applied to every spin to increase winning chances.
- Stampede Free Spins – 5 Free Spins are awarded with the same mechanics as in the Wild Stampede feature.
- Mystery Feature – A carousel of Free Spin features, coin wins (x2 -x10 bet), and 2 extra dice rolls appear within the Jumanji circle. The player is awarded with the one that the carousel stops on. Since each Free Spin feature can be activated only once in a Board Game session, those previously won will not be a part of the awards.
- Coin Wins – A coin win is awarded.
- Extra Rolls – When the token lands on the Extra Roll symbol, extra dice rolls are awarded.
Jumanji Slot Conclusion
Jumanji is a mega production and we can see why NetEnt has been boasting and pushing it a bit extra prior to its release. Knowing the massive resources available to NetEnt, slots of this quality comes as no surprise. What everyone is likely to ask themselves instead is – does it have any potential? Well, in the base game there is little to no potential so it all comes down to the Board Game.
The downside is that the max win per single spin is only 504 times the stake (for this you need a full screen of lions/wilds). The upside is that its possible to trigger all of the 4 Free Spins games in one Board Game session.
Jumanji is an entertaining slot, there is no doubt about that, and there is potential for some decent wins too. If lucky, the Board Game session can go on for quite a while, allowing players to collect various prizes along the way. It’s a medium variance game so don’t expect crazy things to happen, other than a bunch of monkeys rearranging your symbols or crocodiles falling from the sky that is.