NetEnt has made an effort to think outside the box this time which is always interesting. Finn and the Swirly Spin is a slot with a truly new pay mechanic from NetEnt
The first thing to catch ones eye is the absence of reels and rows. This is a slot that seems to have more in common with a video game than a slot machine which is something we tend to see more and more. With cute grahpics, relaxing music and keys that will haunt you in your dreams this may well become a favorite amongst many players.
The game centers around a leprechaun called Finn who lives on Emerald Isle. Skilled as Finn may be playing the flute, there is some real concern that players may want to shove that flute up his *** after a cold session on this slot.
The slot also features a Wild Symbol (the Star), A Free Spins key, 4 different types of Free Spins and a Random Feature with 4 variations.
We mentioned the absence of reels, but actually this game can be categorized as a 5 reel, 5 row slot with a spiral pattern instead of the normal layout. Your goal in the base game is to get the key from the first position all the way to the center of the play area, which is 24 steps away, to unlock the bonus feature.
Winning combination will vanish and thus clear the path for the key to move forward. In this sense it works a little bit like Gonzo’s Quest. You simply want the symbols to clear so it can reveal further wins or a bonus. Any losing spin however will result in the key starting all over again from position one.
Each winning combination will also produce a Wild symbol in the form of a Star. This is of course very helpful to get the key to where you want it.
Bet size on this slot ranges from 0.10€ to 100€. Finn and the Swirly Spin is a medium variance slot with an RTP of 96.61% and featuring a maximum win of 500 coins for a single 5OAK. Maximum win on this slot has not yet been revealed.
Finn and the Swirly Spin™ Random Features
The game comes with no less than four random features, which are activated once all symbols have come to rest on a spin:
- Starfall Wilds: Minimum 2 Wilds are randomly placed on any position, except on top of the locked key symbol. If no win occurs, more Wilds are added until a win is hit
- Dragon Destroy: A random number of symbols are destroyed, activating another avalanche
- Irish Luck: A vertical or horizontal line is transformed into one symbol, guaranteeing a win
- Magic Transform: All spade and heart symbols are transformed into a higher value symbol
Finn and the Swirly Spin™ Free Spins Features
On top of the random features, the game surprised us with four types of Free Spins. The bonus feature is activated when the locked key symbol makes it to the center of the swirl on one spin. Each Free Spins feature needs a specific amount of collected keys to be open for selection.
- The Star Bar – 1 key: 7 Free Spins with the Starfall Wilds feature
- Lava Lair – 4 keys: 3 Free Spins with the Dragon Destroy feature
- Lucky Mug – 9 keys: 4 Free Spins with the Irish Luck feature
- Golden Pot – 16 keys: 2 Free Spins with the Magic Transform feature
Play For Free