It’s time to help some flightless fellows escape Penguin City, where the mighty Penguin Emperor is keeping his minuscule underlings as slaves in his dastardly food emporium!
Penguin Escape Mode with Sticky Wilds
1647 times the stake max win
Today we got news of another upcoming Yggdrasil game, which is always interesting, despite many of the recent ones having been somewhat disappointing. We haven’t had a chance to try this one yet, but we will update the article as soon as we have. We do however have quite a lot of information.
Penguin Emperor is a Video Slot with 5 reels and Win all Ways. With Win all Ways there are no paylines, but any combination of 3 or more symbols on subsequent reels from the left or right awards a win. The game has 9 regular symbols, 1 sticky wild symbol, and 1 Emperor Penguin symbol.
Penguin Emperor has a 96.2% RTP, a max win of 1647 times the stake, and appears to be low to medium variance. It will be playable on all devices from €0.10 to €125.
Penguin City Symbols
The game includes 4 low paying symbols and 5 premium symbols + sticky wilds and wild reels. The low value symbols are represented by wooden card suits of different color, while the premium symbols are represented by various food related items such as – boxes of noodles, soy sauce, cooking pots, noodle soup and chopping knives.
Penguin City Introduction
The game’s standout feature is the Penguin Escape Mode, which is triggered as soon a Wild appears on 2nd or 4th reel during a winning spin. This wild stays Sticky for the duration of the Escape mode, which respins until a winless spin.
During the Escape Mode, after every spin the player has the chance to either get an additional Sticky Wild on 2nd or 4th reel, or a winning symbol on the 3rd reel. As an additional bonus one can hit a stacked Emperor Stacked Wild, which moves down one row per spin and basically guarantees respins until it’s off the reels!
- Win on a wild symbol in the base game to activate the Penguin Escape mode
- During the Penguin Escape 1 penguin tries to escape each spin (unless the Penguin Emperor is
- If the Penguin successfully jumps on the reels, then 1 of 2 things happen: 1 sticky wild is added to reel 2 or 4 on winning spins or 1 symbol is swaped on reel 3 to create a win on losing spins
- Increasing the bet size resets all sticky wilds and ends the Penguin escape mode
- Missing a win also ends the Penguin escape mode
- The Emperor Penguin appears on the third reel in the Penguin escape mode
- He is made up of 3 vertical wild symbols
- He guarantees a win when any part of him is present on the reels
- The Penguin Emperor is a walking wild that moves down by one reel position each spin until he disappears from the reels
- Wilds substitute all regular symbols.
- When there is a win on a wild symbol, it sticks on the reels for the consecutive spin.
We will complete this review once we have tried it hands on, so no score or final verdict is available at the time. Penguin City is due for release on July 24 and will be available across all Yggdrasil Gaming casinos.