Golden Fish Tank turns Mexican wrestler?
Packed with features – Golden Bet, Poster Bonus Game, Wilds and Free Spins
Win up to 30 Free Spins with 3 features
Last updated on: May 19, 2018
Lucha Maniacs is a Video Slot with 5 reels and 20 paylines oriented from left to right. The game has eight regular symbols that win if three or more are lined up in sequence on a payline, beginning from the leftmost position. The 4 regular high pay symbols are represented by wrestlers.
The 4 low pay symbols are represented by the 4 card suits. There is also a Bonus symbol that pays scattered, 2 tag team symbols that only appear in Free Spin mode and wild symbols that substitute for all regular symbols.
|100% Bonus up to 50€|
20 No Deposit Bonus Spins on Signup
18+ |T&C Apply
Free Spin Mode
Three or more scattered Bonus symbols activate the Free Spin mode with extra features. It is played with the same bet and lines that activated it. Prior to the Free Spins, players choose hidden features from a set of tickets that will be activated throughout the Free Spin mode.
- 3 Bonus symbols award 7 Free Spins with 3 features.
- 4 Bonus Symbols award 15 Free Spins with 3 features.
- 5 Bonus Symbols award 30 Free Spins with 3 features.
The pickable tickets contain the following features:
- 2 extra Free Spins
- 4 extra Free Spins
- 1 wild randomly placed each spin
- 2 wilds randomly placed each spin
- 1 sticky wild in the middle position on the second, third or fourth reel
- x3 multiplier on 1 wrestler
- 1 wrestler acts as a wild
- 1 wrestler becomes stacked on the reels
- The 2 highest paying wrestlers merge into one symbol creating a tag team*
- The Next 2 highest paying wrestlers merge into one symbol creating a tag team*
*When 2 wrestlers are tag teamed, all cases of those 2 symbols on the reels turn into the tag team symbol. If any of the 2 wrestlers also received other Free Spin features such as a multiplier, stacked feature or turn into wild, the Tag team symbol also receives that feature.
Only one type of wrestler can be stacked on the reels; when this feature is picked, the three other cards that contain stacked wrestlers are disabled. Only one type of wrestler can receive the multiplier; when this feature is picked, the three other cards that contain multipliers are disabled.
If the Golden Bet feature is activated, players get 1 additional feature when entering Free Spin mode. Golden Bets cost an additional 5 coins per spin and can be activated and deactivated between spins in the base game.
The overall theoretical return to player is 96.2% when playing with Golden Bet and 96.1% when playing without Golden Bet.
Retriggering Free Spins
Landing 2+ Bonus symbols in Free Spin mode retriggers Free Spins and awards at least 1 additional feature.
- 2 Bonus symbols award 1 extra Free Spin with 1 feature.
- 3 Bonus symbols award 2 extra Free Spins with 2 features.
- 4 Bonus symbols award 3 extra Free Spins with 3 features.
- 5 Bonus symbols award 4 extra Free Spins with 4 features.
Landing 2 Bonus symbols in the base game triggers the Poster bonus game with the following potential prizes:
- A Free Spin trigger with 7 Free Spins and 3 features (4 if you have Golden Bet activated)
- 20-80 coins
Wilds substitute all symbols except the bonus symbol. The game has the following four types of Wild symbols:
- The Regular Wild symbol appears in both the base game and in Free Spin mode.
- The Random Wild symbol appears in Free Spin mode and can land on any reel position.
- The Sticky Wild symbol can be placed on reels 2-4 in the center position and only appears in Free Spin mode.
- The wrestler wild replaces 1 type of wrestler symbol and only appears in Free Spin mode.
As always when it comes to Yggdrasil the visuals are stunning. Lucha Maniacs is another huge leap forward for Yggdrasil in that aspect and their games just keep getting more and more powerful production wise.
The mechanics however don’t feel as fresh and reminds us of the old classic Yggdrasil slot Golden Fish Tank. This is actually not a bad thing as it is still one of their best games to date. Just like on Golden Fish Tank there is an extra bonus pick button, and in the bonus itself players get different features including wrestler wilds (as opposed to fish wilds) and stacked wilds as well. But there are some new features which makes Lucha Maniacs stand on it’s own two feet.
Something we find a tiny bit annoying are the many slow spins that occur as soon as you land one bonus symbol, something that happens quite frequently as you only need two of them to get into the Poster Bonus Game. After a while it does get a bit repetative and we found ourselves stop spinning many of the teases.
But all in all we like the game and we feel convoinced it will be embraced by both regular players and casino streamers.