Genie Jackpots Megaways (Blueprint Gaming): Overview
When most people hear the word “genie”, it’s common to automatically think of the story of Aladdin. Even though the main character does seem to draw inspiration from Disney, that doesn’t really have much to do with the Genie Jackpots Megaways slot from Blueprint Gaming. Instead, it propels the genie character right into the spotlight, proving to be an enthralling game absolutely packed with features. Of course, Blueprint has also gone all out on the graphics, overall gameplay and inbuilt special features of the slot. That’s precisely what we’ve come to expect from the developer, though. So, if you’re ready to slip into a world of magic and Arabian mystery, Genie Jackpots Megaways is ready to cater to you.
The layout that is present in the Genie Jackpots Megaways slot is made up of 6 reels with dynamic rows - each of them generating between 2 and 5 symbols on each spin, meaning that you’re able to form wins in up to 15,625 ways on every single spin. The paylines, of course, cannot be customised by the player, but you can still tamper with your bet to select from wagers between 0.10 and €/£10 per spin. Not only that, but if you have a preference for utilising an autoplay function, this is also possible in Genie Jackpots Megaways.
Blueprint Gaming’s wonderful graphic and animation capabilities are also on display here. The background presents you with quite the magical and mysterious scene, featuring night-time blues and purples. Then, upon the reels you’ll get to see various different symbols. These start out with the playing card symbols, which are the aqua 9, blue 10, red J, green Q, purple K and yellow A. The highest three of these can reward you with a max payout of 1x. Then comes a symbol of two crossed over Arabian swords, as well as the genie’s headpiece. A treasure chest overflowing with gold can also be seen on the reels. It is the slot’s own logo that operates as its highest paying symbol though, providing 25 times your stake for a six of a kind combination. The wild is represented by the Genie himself, and if he shows up in any position, he will substitute for all other standard symbols on the reels. This will assist you with forming winning combinations during gameplay, although it won’t stand in for the bonus symbol.
Genie Jackpots Megaways (Blueprint Gaming): Features
When it comes to features, there's a whole heap of them available in this slot. On any spin in the base game, the Genie Power Spin may randomly come into effect. This gives you the opportunity to benefit from one of four randomly introduced modifiers for the spin, which are:
- Wild Megaways – This sees wild symbols added to the reels on maximum Megaways spins.
- Genie Wilds – Genie Wild symbols are created, which will go on to cover a reel position entirely. Wilds can be made with multipliers of up to 5x attached to them.
- Genie Wild Spin – The genie will create Mystery Symbols or wild symbols that will guarantee a win on the spin.
- Bonus Megaways – Bonus symbols will be added to the reels on maximum Megaways spins, which increases your chance of activating the free spins round.
Then there is the Free Spins round, which will activate whenever you bring the bonus symbol into view - 3, 4, 5, or 6 of these anywhere will reward you with 10, 12, 15, or 20 free spins respectively.
Before the free spins round can start though, you will need to go through a Genie Make a Wish Feature. On the screen, you’ll get to see four genie lamps and you need to select one to reveal its contents. One of four different perks will then be in play for the duration of the free spins feature round. These are:
- Mystery Wishes – Mystery Symbols will be added to the reels which can reveal any of the standard symbols.
- Unlimited Multiplier – Every free spin increases the multiplier by 1, 2 or more, while the genie lamp awards additional free spins to you.
- Locking Wilds – Whenever a wild comes into view on reels two, three, four or five, it locks in place. If you fill a wild reel then you’ll trigger additional free spins.
- Genie Streak – Any win that you form will activate this feature, which will see the reels re-spin to better the win formed.
Genie Jackpots Megaways (Blueprint Gaming): Verdict
Ever since we discovered it, Genie Jackpots Megaways has been one of our favorite Megaways slots to play. There’s just too much going on to find it boring. Aside from being rich in fun randomly triggered features, it also comes with a lot of potential that appears to be distributed all over the place. In fact, the base game seems to hold as much potential as the bonus game. Out of all the random features, our best wins have come from the Genie Wilds feature, although you can land massive wins from all of them.
As with most volatile slots, Genie Jackpots Megaways can be quite disappointing, however, if you happen to catch it at the wrong time. In such case, you can expect loads of dead spins or low returns with no sing of the Genie popping up to award you one of the random features. Moreover, the bonus round is incredibly hard to trigger since much of the RTP is allocated to all the base game features. With that having been said, we've seen some crazy wins on this game during its lifetime - some of them close to the maximum payout of 10,000 times the stake. Simply put, Genie Jackpots Megaways is a must try.
Game title: Genie Jackpots Megaways
● Reels: 6
● Rows: 2-5
● Paylines: 15,625
● RTP: 96.52% (Bonus Bet 97.13%)
● Max Payout: 10,000x
● Volatility: M/H
● Bets: 0.10 - 10 EUR
● Features: Genie Power Spin, Bonus Bet, Free Spins
● Release Date: Out Now!