Mob parody in fine feather loaded with features in Blueprint Gaming's Goodfeathers
Trigger the bonus by landing 4 consecutive wins
Includes 5 bonuses and 3 reel modifiers
Goodfeathers (Blueprint Gaming): Review
Be prepared to rustle some feathers in this on-the-wing take on the classic American mobster story provided by Blueprint Gaming. With a cascading game engine played on a 5-reel, 20-payline reel set, and available to you on all devices from between 0.20€ to 500€ per spin, you'll benefit from a range of extras that include 3 main game modifiers and 5 different bonus modes
Though known for its extensive portfolio of branded slots, it's not fully clear whether or not this particular Blueprint slot has any connection to the American cartoon comedy TV-series Animaniacs, in which a group of pigeons appeared known as The Goodfeathers, that were obvious parodies of Robert DeNiro, Ray Liotta, and Joe Pesci's roles in Goodfellas. If not, and there is no official statement to suggest it is, it's undoubtedly a bold move by Blueprint.
Audio-visually, you can always rely on Blueprint Gaming to deliver and Goodfeathers does not disappoint. Similar to many of the other creations, it's quite a broad and busy game due to the many features on offer. Set in Prohibition-era New York and with cartoon-style graphics, symbols on the reels include stiletto knives and revolvers as well as 7 mobster birds. The Godfeather bird is the most valuable and yields 25 times your stake for 5 across a full payline. Substituting for all symbols, the wild is of the same value as The Godfeather bird.
Goodfeathers (Blueprint Gaming): Features
In typical Blueprint fashion and on the verge of bursting, Goodfeathers comes loaded with entertaining features to guarantee there's always something going on. In the base game, The Birdfather Bonus may trigger at random to award you 1 of the following 3 modifiers:
- FlyBy Wilds: a mob bird appears and flies across the reel set, shooting birds which in turn turns them into wilds.
- Egg Bomb: a bomb is chucked at the reels, causing the symbols to reset.
- Stork Wilds: at least one fully stacked wild is dropped onto the reels.
In this outlaw slot, there's no scatter symbol to help you trigger the bonus. Instead, access to the Briefing Room Bonus is given as a result of 4 consecutive wins on the cascading reel set. To highlight the progress, a sheriff's badge lights up for each win. Once all 4 are lit, the bonus is triggered. If the bonus feature offered is not to your liking, you can always accept the gambling challenge in hope to land a better one. The bonuses on offer are:
- Prison Escape Bonus: with 6 jail cells to choose from you're prompted to pick cells to reveal cash prizes until you hit the collect symbol. Watch out for the level up poster as it will grant you access to the next stage with higher cash prizes.
- Warehouse Bonus: in this picking bonus you're asked to choose one of 5 suitcases to reveal a cash prize. You can then either take the offer or leave it and open another suitcase.
- ScarBird Free Spins: starting with 5 free spins, any Scarbird wild appearing on the reels will create bullet hole wilds. When all free spins have been played, you will be asked to pick 1 of 3 suitcases. If it reveals bullets, the feature is retriggered. If a collect symbol is revealed, the feature ends.
- Infeathergation Free Spins: starting with 8 free spins, a new reel set is introduced that include Infeathergation wilds. When all free spins have been played, you will be asked to pick 1 of 2 cards. If the Good Cop is revealed the feature is retriggered. If the Bad Cop turns up, the feature ends and the winnings are paid out.
- Crime Scene Free Spins: starting with 10 free spins, in this feature you'll benefit from an increasing win multiplier that can reach up to x20. 3 additional free spins are awarded if an FBI badge appears on the reels.
Goodfeathers (Blueprint Gaming): Verdict
The original theme aside, it's hard not to regard Goodfeathers as yet another multi-feature Blueprint clone when even the voice-over reminds us of TED. With that said, there are some new twists to explore here. For example, the bonus trigger mechanism where consecutive wins can either land you a bonus or set the meter back to zero is as exciting as it can be frustrating. The cut-scenes are also impressive and help solidify the narrative.
The theme might be as light as a feather but the final product is an online slot heavyweight brimming with features. If you can see past the clone aspect, you've got a compelling game to look forward to with a massive 10,000 times your stake max win potential on offer.
Where to play Goodfeathers
Goodfeathers (Blueprint Gaming)
Max Payout: 10,000x (or £250,000)
Bets: 0.20 - 500 EUR
Features: The Birdfather Modifier, Briefing Room Bonus
Release Date: Feb, 2019
Bigwinboard Rating - 78%